Friday, September 24, 2010

The Breath Of Autumn

It's a Friday today, and I can't help but feel sentimental. I know that I will have a great weekend, spending time with my family and yes, a bit of 'alone' time for myself. The week went by so quickly, maybe because of school and all these coursework but I feel like time just slipped by so fast without me knowing it.

This morning when I walked out of the main door to pick-up my papers, I can't help but notice the leaves of our basswood tree turning yellow. I marvelled at the sight of it although its leaves started to cover the entire front yard which we have to rake at a later time.  The morning air was cold and a bit uninviting, but I made sure I was dressed warmly for the day.

Earlier on today, I was planning to write about a news article I've read the other day but something came over me at this instant and just decided to write something about the coming of this season. I have so much to share and communicate with you but I believe that there are times like this one when we need to pause, step back, and let nature speak to us.

I have always been a chatterbox (at least to my closest friends & family) but I welcomed the idea of 'slowing down' even for a brief moment. Every time I entertain the idea of 'listening' to nature speak, the poetic side of me emerges. I think music composers, poets, and artists alike find the time to be alone and be inspired of what nature has to give. For a communicator like me, I think getting inspiration this way would also be good to help me refresh myself and help renew my mind especially from spending a very hectic week.

This particular post is defintiely not the intellectual type where we can discuss about a certain issue or share our opinions with, but this post is simply a way for me to be inspired and renew my love for writing.

I am sure that I will have a wonderful weekend and that my autumn will be a time for wonderful recollections, past and present.

1 comment:

  1. Autumn is my favourite season (and not just because I'm an October baby, either)! I love the colours, the cool temperatures, and the fall harvest from my parents' and grandfather's gardens. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete