Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Term, A New Challenge


Today marked the start of our winter term. I was welcomed by both new and familiar faces. Although the premises of our school aren't new to me, I was thrilled by the thought that 'yes', I made it through the first term and I did well, but at the same time, I also feel challenged by the very idea that this winter term poses a new set of challenges that are meant to hasten and improve my skills to the next level.

I was at my 8 a.m. class this morning and 'though I felt like sleeping through (I have to admit that I just can't get enough of my holidays), I was alert and sitting up straight on my chair listening to my new instructor who talked about our big project this term- magazines.

Apart from our creative writing class, our public relations, advertising, journalism, and electronic publishing classes, will also have a big part to play in the conceptualization, production and promotion of our original magazines. I am excited over the fact that we will do something very creative but at the same time, it will require a lot of technical skills on our part especially in the areas of design and layout.

During our last class in Electronic Publishing 2, we were at the Mac Lab and were introduced to our tech 'buddies'. Here is a pic of the Mac I'll be workig on.


Last fall term, we used PC as our platform when working on Adobe Photoshop and InDesign but starting from now on, the Mac computers will be our bossom friends.

 I greet the new term with  a 'warm hello'.  I am hoping that I will get all the inspiration I need, the abundant energy to do my stuff, and the encouragement to make it through the term successfully. For all my co-CreCommers, all the best and remember- if we made it through the first term successfully, there is no doubt that we have what it takes to meet our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment