Friday, January 15, 2010

Mars Attack


As a kid, I have always enjoyed eating Mars chocolate bars. I remembered when my aunt from the U.S. Air Base would bring assorted chocolate bars and Kellogg's cereals for me and my siblings to enjoy. At least during those times, so called imported goods (like my Mars) were not sold or made available at local stores but can only be bought from the U.S. military bases.

When I reached my twenties and became an aerobics buff, I tried to cut down on eating chocolates including my favourite Mars. But when I reached my late twenties and started working out at a gym on a regular basis, my craving for this tempting chocolate bar began to find its way back.

Many years have I been successful trying to avoid eating sweets. But lately, my hectic schedule both in school and at home gives me every reason (or rather, ‘excuse’) to give myself a special treat. And so just today, I ate two bars of Mars. On its packaging it says, ‘energy bar’. Well, it surely helped my craving but my body isn’t happy about the calories nor the tons of sugar in it!

1 comment:

  1. Go right to YouTube and listen to the Undertones sing "Mars Bars," a punk-rock, word-for-word rendition of the chocolate bar commercial.

    ReplyDelete