Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I'm Talking About



"Tweet, tweet, tweet!"  These were probably the words that came out from my mouth when I successfully set-up my own Twitter account. Yes, I am now a bonafide user of Twitter--thanks to my public relations instructor who taught us how to create our own personal account.

I have friends who use Twitter for quite a long time now but I really didn't see its relevance on how it can help me in the log run. Now I know.

Drawing from the handout given to us by our instructor this morning, Twitter is called a "micro-blogging" site, because its users send out short messages (140 characters, maximum including spaces) messages, called "tweets," on any topic they want, and receive the tweets of other users they choose to follow. Also, tweets now reflect users' general thoughts, ideas, and inspirations, as well as links to other online content they think might interest their Twitter followers. Please click here to see the online guidebook from mashable.com.

To get in the loop, join Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment